Primary Care Service Improvement Manager - £50k p.a
Fixed Term Contract
CLIENT: A Primary Care Network in the North West & East Midlands
ROLE: Primary Care Service Improvement Manager
DURATION: Twelve months fixed term contract
SALARY: £50,500 per year
HOURS: Three days per week
Our client is a values driven not-for-profit provider of primary, urgent care, and out-of-hours dental services across North West England. They are looking for a Service Improvement Manager on a twelve-month fixed term contract, to be based in one of their primary care practices
- The Service Improvement Manager is responsible for the leadership, development, and co-ordination of a multidisciplinary patient-facing team within the practice to influence the development and delivery of services.
- The post holder will also act as a catalyst for change management to achieve sustainable service improvements by supporting the practice manager develop embed and implement a variety of initiatives designed to drive the culture change required to deliver continued sustainable improvements in patient care.
- You will be a dynamic individual who likes rising to challenges but be able to think calmly and rationally under pressure with the ability to make reasoned decisions and escalate issues appropriately.
- You will demonstrate exceptional and sensitive customer service skills, have extensive staff management experience, have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to support and motivate staff to embrace change and have experience of dealing with difficult or challenging situations or individuals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering transformation projects in a complex environment and ideally are prince trained.
- To lead and work in collaboration with other staff members such as practice manager and operational support team to drive & implement delivery of a range of initiatives and projects to improve outcomes to the service our patients and staff receive.
- Lead on delivering the project outcomes from our transformation project workstreams and local actions plans.
- Keep up to date with local and national Primary Care issues and developments, to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- To lead and work in collaboration with other staff members on all patient engagement activity in collaboration with the practice manager and Head of patient engagement and inclusion
- Proactively engage with patients by hosting patient participation activity including social prescribing activities, acting on complaints & compliments feedback within a reasonable time frame and learning to improve services.
- Provide commentary to the practice manager and finance team re annual budget process and performance discussions when required to ensure the practice receives an appropriate and equitable allocation of resources.
- To work cooperatively with internal teams such as the transformation office, HR, the data management team, finance, and external agencies such as PCNs, CCGs to improve patient experience.
- Act as a senior leader within the team, managing conflict and change to lead the team develop positive outcomes for patients and staff.
- Act as a senior leader within the practice, representing not just the practice but the wider organisation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering transformation projects in a complex environment.
- Management experience of at least 10 years, and motivating a team and reviewing performance of individuals
- Change Management
- Primary Care Systems knowledge (e.g Emis/Docman)
- Project management e.g., Prince 2
- Leadership & Management qualification eg ILM L5 (or substantial Senior managerial experience of more than 10 years)
- Evidence of continuous professional development and acquiring new skills/knowledge