Interim Project Manager – Children’s Health Transformation - £300 - £400 per day
- The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a challenging Children’s Health Transformation Programme to improve quality of services and deliver savings.
- The successful candidate will have experience at a senior level of leading commissioning and service development (ideally of acute and/or community children’s health services), have excellent verbal and written communication, stakeholder management and analytical skills. Experience of working closely with partners in primary care would be an advantage.
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master’s level equivalent
- Project management qualification at postgraduate diploma level or equivalent experience
- The post holder will be expected to become the organisation expert in relevant commissioning areas.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Excellent negotiation skills with evidence of their effective use and application to achieve objectives in challenging circumstances
- Track record of creativity and innovation – applying strong analytical skills and lateral thinking to develop service solutions.
- Evidence of ability to build and manage effective and resilient relationships inside and outside of organisation.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills with experience of effective communication to a range of audiences including senior management, service professionals and service users.
- Highly effective organisational and prioritisation skills, managing a demanding and complex work-programme with rapidly changing and competing priorities.
- Evidence of strong sensitivity to stakeholder needs and priorities and political awareness.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating competence interpreting and utilising a range of different information and data sources, including financial, statistical, and qualitative data and presenting conclusions and implications.
- Management experience of commissioning, service transformation and/or procurement activities within large complex organisations.
- Experience of strategy development and service redesign through all stages of the project lifecycle (development of needs analysis, vision, business case, options development and implementation).
- Experience of managing complex projects to deliver tangible outcomes, within large complex organisations using excellent project management skills
- Experience of managing complex procurement projects and tendering activities, and strong commercial skills and awareness.
- Experience of engaging with services to drive and manage change and deliver the strategic priorities of an organisation/partnership.
- The post holder will be expected to work flexibly and have the ability to travel freely to any NHS or partner site.
- The CCG and the Council are currently working in a climate of great change. It is therefore expected that all staff will develop flexible working practices to be able to meet the challenges and opportunities of working within a changing environment