Interim Project/Commissioning Support Manager – Children’s Commissioning - £250 - £300 per day
- The post holder will be responsible for the management of aspects of projects and a portfolio of project management and commissioning and contract support across children’s integrated commissioning.
- A key aspect of the role will be to support the children’s health transformational change programme which is currently underway across both hospital-based and community services.
- The successful candidate will have experience of commissioning and/or contract management and service development (ideally of acute and/or community health services), have good verbal and written communication, stakeholder management and numerical skills.
Qualifications & Education:
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level qualification or significant experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Post-graduate degree/qualification in Project Management or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of Financial Systems e.g. monitoring budget management, processing invoices and procurement
- Knowledge of project principles, techniques and tools, such as Prince 2 Foundation and Microsoft Project
- Experience of Service Redesign development opportunities.
- Experience of managing risks and reporting
- Experience of drafting briefing papers and correspondence at Senior Management Team level
- Experience of monitoring budgets and business planning processes
- Experience of creating and giving presentations to a varied group of internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prepare and produce concise yet insightful communications for dissemination to senior stakeholders and a broad range of stakeholders as required
- Ability to analyse very complex issues where material is conflicting and drawn from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated capability to act upon incomplete information, using experience to make inferences and decision making
- Numerate and able to understand complex financial issues combined with deep analytical skills
Personal Qualities & Management Style:
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage own workload and make informed decisions in the absence of required information, working to tight and often changing timescales