Commercial Manager (Senior Business Analyst) - £600 - £650 per day
- To support the Senior Commercial Manager and the Head of Commercial, Surface in delivering strategic commercial direction for Surface Transport projects from system concept through specification, contract and procurement, design, delivery, verification, and operational support.
- Leading a team of Commercial Analysts delivering the new and advanced services to meet the requirements of the Surface Transport operational businesses.
- The post holder will take part in the negotiations for the extension of services required for any New Schemes for London
- The post holder will manage requirements gathering and definition for the development and implementation of Surface Transport commercial activities including procurements, variations and terminations.
- To be responsible, day to day, for the development, negotiation and agreement of TfL Change Requests. Working collaboratively with Surface Transport Team Leaders to ensure that detailed operational and legal requirements are included.
- To ensure new or revised outsourced services are delivered in line with Best Value principles.
- The post holder is a key player in the development and maintenance of the Service Providers’ required
- Senior Commercial Manager information exchange; problem solving.
- Head of Commercial, Surface– information exchange; problem solving.
- Other Heads of Surface Transport teams – information exchange; problem solving,
- Director of Commercial – Information exchange, reporting, consulting, problem solving
- Legal staff – information exchange; problem solving; negotiations.
- Other Managers, Project Team members – information exchange; problem solving; negotiations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge/understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Ability to influence and build relationships, both internally and externally
- Proficient in MS Office suite including MS Project
- Able to analyse complex contractual statements.
- Able to register and understand relevant importance across wide contractual documents.
- Ability to identify and analyse information and data to build cases and make sound commercial decisions.
- An operational role within a complex, multi-channel business, or demonstrable experience as a senior business analyst, and /or experience of delivering core process(es) of a complex sale/back office operation, e.g. sales, finance or customer care
- Relevant experience analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- Strong knowledge of writing contractual requirements and assessing specifications for Information Systems.
- Dealing with technology and an IT based operations system
- Strategic planning
- A record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Representation of an organisation internally and externally to stakeholders.
- Management of staff and consultants in a dynamic and fast-moving environment